Thursday, May 26, 2022

Moon Vow for the Loss of Weight

This is a spell which I found in an old book that I purchased many years ago called, "Crone's Book of Magical Words" written by Valerie Worth. I used it once and had some success with it - keeping in mind that I also needed to have the motivation and perseverance to follow through with what I started using the aid of the Divine. I did; however, make some adaptions to this spell as, after all, the book merely provides the magical wording. I invoked the goddess Cerridwen because she is a goddess of transformation..

Items needed:

One gold taper candle (God)

One white taper candle (Goddess/Cerridwen)

One orange votive candle

Cerridwen Oil (see recipe below) use to anoint orange candle 

Moonstone and amethyst gemstones (offering)

Vervain herb (offering)

Sage incense (or Moon Cycle incense, if available)

Cauldron (Cerridwen is "Keeper of the Cauldron")

A piece of parchment paper and a pen

Cerridwen Oil:

1 part sage oil

3 drops Dragon's Blood oil

3 drops pine oil (or pine needles)

3 drops benzoin

Herbs:

1 part Dandelion Root

1 part Mugwort

1 part vervain

_______________________________

Cast the circle and call the corners in your usual manner. Invoke the goddess Cerridwen:

"O, Source of Wisdom, hear me speak,

 Cauldron of plenty give forth your power.

 Let your Wisdom bring transformation, and strength to those of us who need  you."

Write your specific wish for your weight loss on the piece of parchment paper. Then, light the orange votive candle. Using the flame from the candle to burn your piece of paper, recite the following incantation:

"I MAKE MY VOW TO FAST UNTIL

 THE CRESCENT MOON SHINES ROUND AND FULL;

 WHILE SHE WAXES LET ME WANE:

 I MUST LOSE, THAT SHE MAY GAIN!"


While concentrating on the orange votive candle flame still burning, envision yourself losing weight and what you wish to look like after losing weight. Close ritual and give back to the earth while releasing the spell back out into the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What comes from "dabbling" ...

Many years ago, long before I took my faith seriously, I decided to "dabble" a bit with what is called, "Black Magick." ...